Translation Needed?

Pages

Sunday, August 16, 2015

Visual Kei & Bliss


Here's a punk outfit. Not my style anymore, but I was selling the skirt and leg warmers and decided the outfit was okay for Schizo Chick. 






When I was eleven until I was sixteen, I was super into goth, Lolita, nana, visual kei, and kera. For those that don’t know, it’s a form of extreme cosplay, very emo, and kind of ugly. For an idea of what it is, look up Harajuku weekend—Harajuku is dedicated to cosplay, the center of kera and visual kei in Japan. Unfortunately (or so I thought at the time) I was into fashion far beyond my years, and my mother never let me buy the outfits I desired. Thank god for that. Also, visual kei is really expensive, and a lot of it has writing on it that I was never comfortable with, since I didn’t know what the words meant. These legwarmers and ruffle skirt are the only authentic visual kei items I have, though they border more on Lolita. They were a gift from my mother during Hanukkah, when I was fourteen. I honestly think they look icky, but they’d be great for festivals, and they’re in good condition, so I’m selling them on ebay. I figured they’d sell better if I made a cool outfit for them, then I thought the outfit I devised was cool enough to merit a feature on the blog.
Here’s the product link, if you’re interested.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/261993075179?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649










This is an oil on canvas painting by Jackson Thilenius. 


From Daria.

Here's a parody of the Nightmare Before Christmas's "What's This?" renamed "The Fuck?"

I’ve recently become re-obsessed with Muse. I had such a variety of great songs to choose from, “Supermassive Black Hole,” “Uprising,” “Hysteria,” “New Born,” “Time Is Running Out.”

This one is stuck in my brain, so here’s “Bliss.”


Enjoy the posts while they last. I'm leaving for BMT soon.
How soon, who knows. I'm thinking sometime September.
Be Brave.
~Ash

1 comment:

There was an error in this gadget