Translation Needed?

Pages

Monday, August 3, 2015

Hitchhiker & Anna Molly



This is one of the creative pictures I’ve been taking. It was the catalyst for the all-day photoshoot.
I’d seen lots of pictures online, by looking up the word ‘hitchhiker.’ Most of them were lewd or lecherous or just weird. None were dark and mysterious, but one. In it, a shady-looking guy with his hood drawn desperately waved his thumb at the road, silently pleading for a ride, obviously on the run to or from something in the dead of night, with streetlights in the background so out of focus, they appeared as nothing more than colorful pom-poms. I fell in love with that photo and aspired to emulate it.
I snuck out at night to take this pic too. I waited until midnight, dressed like a hitchhiker, and went for a walk with my tripod and camera. I was kind of nervous, since this was the first public photo I’d be taking, and on the highway. Plus, I had a fearful trepidation that someone might think I actually wanted to hitchhike. But I got a decent photo without any mishaps.
I wrote a note for my mother, and I was careful not to wake her as I left. I didn’t want her to think I was sneaking out to a party, or running away. Since I was sixteen, I’ve had a suspicious my mother thinks I might run away. Several times over the years, I’d be going somewhere with a bag of clothes, and she’d ask me what I was doing and get this fevered look in her eyes, and I’d know she was thinking the worst. Sometimes I’d have clothes because I’m donating them or going to someone’s house for the night, but I don’t tell her everything before I do it because… well, I really don’t have to. All the same, I didn’t want her to think I was running away when really I was just taking pictures.

I also discovered I look pretty good with a lip ring. 





















Here's "A Mime Through Time" by SketchShe
Pretty ingenious



Today I saw Kill Your Darlings, with Dane DeHaan and Daniel Radcliffe. 
It both confused and amused me. I wrote a poem a few hours later, so I suppose it inspired me as well. 

Anyway, here's "Anna Molly" by Incubus, who (unbeknownst to me) is a 90s rock band.

There's a whole life of beauty to live,
and some of it takes a brave person to live it.
So be brave.
~Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget