Translation Needed?

Pages

Monday, June 1, 2015

Senior Pics Consult & Cancion Del Mariachi (Morena De Mi Corazon)

Went in to a senior pictures consultation with the photographer, Mitch. It was a really cozy place, frugally embellished and furnished. It became clear to me very fast that he was gay, but also that he was really happy. I mean, I think he was more excited for my pictures than I am. We talked for an hour, getting to know each other, and I looked at his previous work. What I liked most about it was that it wasn't just pictures to make shallow culturally-vapid adolescent girls look glamorous, but it was about art. There was some glamour and glitz, but mostly it varied depending on the diversity of his clientele--there were lots of hipster-esque, urban portraits that I loved. We talked about music and movies, hobbies and whatnot. We decided we'd try and borrow the Hard Rock Cafe's piano, I'd bring in my guitar, my snakes, riflery (my sport), a couple of my fave blog outfits, and try to get a motorcycle for the shoot. I also am considering using a skateboard and our new dog (well, my mom's dog) as props. I don't skateboard anymore, but I used to. I don't know how I got up the balls to do it anymore, now whenever I see a skateboarder all I can think of is Final Destination, 50 Shades of Grey Blood on the Pavement and all the grisly demises those poor kids could befall. 
They agreed to do my makeup, but I drew the line at my hair. I can barely deal with it, and I've had it for two decades. There's not a snowball's chance in hell they'll know what they're doing. Plus, I do not what to look merely pretty, and I know they'll try to do just that, because that's what most girls want. But my appointment isn't for another month, so after the shoot and the editing, I'll upload pictures. 



















Tulip fields in the Netherlands.

Another Supernatural moment.

"Puppyhood," a Puppy Chow commercial.

One of my fave songs ever, "Morna De Mi Corazon," by Los Lobos feat. Antonio Banderas, from 1998 Paulie


The first time I saw Interview with a Vampire, I saw Brad Pitt and was like omg mum look at this! he's so young and purdy! and then ten minutes later I saw Tom Cruise and I went DUDE its him! and half an hour later, there was Antonio Banderas and I said god mum why didn't you waaaarn me, and after that I was fully expecting Johnny Depp to show up, at which I would have wordlessly fainted. That's just too many awesome actors in one movie. 
~Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget