Translation Needed?

Pages

Saturday, April 11, 2015

FMA: B & Self Esteem

I honestly don't know where I was going with this outfit. I think it was supposed to be a leather coat, white crop top and shorts outfit, but something went wrong, as you can tell. I guess the year coming to a close has instigated a certain lack of motivation on my part. Doesn't help that me madre wanted to get out the door early. 


Haha I had just reached into my pocket and found a granola bar. 




So as you can tell, I haven't posted in over a week. I've just been busy.
And when I say busy, I mean sating my insatiable desire to watch ten episodes of Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood every night.I'm really into Fullmetal Alchemist, which is saying a lot since I look down on anime so much. I used to love that and manga in elementary, but after I started reading 800 page novels when I was eleven, I lost respect for it. Anime is immature and unrealistic, so I hadn't watched any of it for years and years. But last year a friend told me to watch Black Butler, and so I did (and didn't like it), and since then it's opened the door back up. Because someone else recommended Fullmetal Alchemist, and since it used to be my older brother's favorite manga growing up, I figured I'd give it a shot. At first I just laughed at it a lot, but the story arc is good, the premise is intriguing, and it's not too immauture. The art is okay, and the battle sequences get more epic and cool as they use more CGI. Let's be honest, the dialogue sucks, but as I got to about season 3 of the Brotherhood version, it's been improving. It's by no means Joss Whedon work, but I'll take what I can get. Beggars can't be choosers, eh?
Fullmetal Alchemist is one of the best rated animes in the world and the most popular of its time, so obviously the producers were still trying to milk that lucrative cow by rebooting it.
 I finally finished the series last night at three in the morn, and I simply loved it. Don't get me wrong, there were cheesy and weird parts, but as a whole, it was good. I'm seriously debating whether or not I should watch the original 2003 version, but I get the feeling that I won't like it, since I saw Brotherhood first. Plus, I heard the ending wasn't all that great.
Well, we'll see. 







si non potest movere caelum, infernum excitabo,
A Latin phrase from a play or something, which Cassandra Clare and Sherlock Holmes are getting all the credit for, but it belongs to someone who's long been dead. 






Our commodities are a prison. 





A true story embodying inspirational, unconditional love.

It's disheartening to realize I actually haven't posted any Offspring.
They're an American 80s punk rock band for all you emos, which is weird to me because I didn't know they were 80s. If you like Simple Plan, you'll like these guys. 
One of their best songs is "Self Esteem."


Don't know why, but I find his voice really sexy.
~Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget