Translation Needed?

Pages

Monday, March 23, 2015

*Instert cool title* & How Far We've Come















Here are some PSAs, which I think are the best because they're the most graphic.
Viewer discretion is advised.

"She spilled my coffee."

Workplace accidents ads.

And an interesting music video. 
Again, graphic, and trigger warning.
Escape the Fate
"Ungrateful"

When I was fourteen, I read at least a dozen great series, like Mortal Instruments, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, The Hunger Games and Percy Jackson. Percy Jackson, unlike the others, was intended for a slightly younger demographic, but I was young enough to tolerate its one-dimensional antagonists, its sometimes cheesy dialogue and insultingly simple premise. Back then, I didn't think of myself as 'tolerating' it, and I didn't see how too-careful it was to steer around vulgarity and sexuality (not that that's a bad thing, but it's like when you're watching a sex scene in a movie, and to keep it G rated, the director has the actors ridiculously over-clad). 
I loved PJ, and the books seemed great. Now that I'm a semi-adult, I see that Percy Jackson wasn't that great. To be fair, almost everything I know about Greek and Roman mythology, I owe to Rick Riordan--and I know quite a bit, mind you. But there are worse books to read.
Recently, while filching through a fellow deviant's artwork, my adoration of this juvenile series was rekindled. The artist made a comic strip of emotional scenes and themes from the series, and coupled it with the lyrics of American rock band Matchbox 20's "How Far We've Come." Of late, I've fallen in love with that song over again. And I was very surprised at how much I remembered from the series, by seeing the comic.
Here's a tribute someone made to the song, the story and the artist.


~Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget