Translation Needed?

Pages

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Pink & Rooster

I feel a thousand times better than I did last night when I went to bed. 
And today was a good day.



I was going for a clash here. I put on a spiked choker later, so my band tee and spikes and black was supposed to contrast my pink and pinstriped blazer. 


I was going to wear a black cloche or madrid hat, but I thought it would look silly in January Alaska.













Here's a useless little box of surprises. 

Yesterday I was doing my thing, being the opposite of constructive, when I found myself nodding to a song I hadn't heard in over five years. It was just bouncing around in my head, the lyrics vague and slurred. I looked up Rush and Heavy Metal (as I drew a symmetry between those and the song) and found out it was Blue Oyster Cult's "Veteran of the Psychic Wars." Really great song. Love the drums. But that's not the song for today.
Sadly, I didn't put much thought into this song. I chose Alice In Chain's "Rooster."
Alice In Chains is an American 80s rock band. They're closely related to grunge and post-grunge--Nirvana, Pearl Jam, etc--kind of like Rush (the band aforementioned) is related to drugs and stoners.  


~Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget