Translation Needed?

Pages

Monday, October 13, 2014

Gypsy & Shark Fin Blues

I'm not gonna lie. I don't feel like talking about my outfit. 

I truly hope you guys enjoyed the pictures from my last post, because here are more of the same.

Naica mine, Mexico
Supposedly the Naica mine is so deep in the caves that it gets to super high temperatures, you have to have a special suit to go in. I think it's the same principal as with altitude. With altitude, when you get so high up in the stratosphere, without a suit, your blood will get so hot it will boil and cook you from the inside. It's because the altitude lowers water's boiling point, so where ground 0 has your blood at 98 or so degrees, up a few thousand feet, 98 turns to 200 degrees.

Salar de Uyuni, Bolivia

Tianzi mountains, China

Tulip fields, the Netherlands

Wisteria flower tunnel, Japan

World's Edge, England

In my generation, most of us love The Princess Bride. Even the guys. We're all unsure why, but we love it. Maybe it's Westley's suave bad-guy charm. Maybe it's Vizzini's heinous lisp. 
We all equally loved the poison wine scene here.

I wanted to feature Enya because yesterday I featured Loreena McKennitt, but I decided to do "Shark Fin Blues" covered by Missy Higgins. Shark Fin Blues is originally by an Australian band called The Drones, but theirs doesn't sound half as cool as the covered version.
Missy Higgins includes Shark Fin Blues in her album OZ, an album she's been working on for years as an outlet/inspiration, saying that whenever she can't think of a new song to write, she covers another song and puts it on the album. All her versions are arguably better than the originals.
Here's her version.

Here's The Drones version. You decide.

~Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget