Translation Needed?

Pages

Saturday, October 11, 2014

Crochet Shirt & The Mummer's Dance


My hair was fantastically messy.



Remember when I said, a few posts ago, that my friend wanted to take a picture of me on her film camera? Well, I developed the picture and took a photo of it. It's got some glare and fingerprints, but it was the best I could do with my poor lighting.


I love that it looks like it was taken in the 70s, because of the band tee and the 60s shades. I actually did a shitty job soaking it in D-76, the film developer, so it looked more faded than intended.

I was talking with a friend recently, complaining about my mom to her, since she's the main person I complain about my mom to. Because I've been doing this since I was, like, ten, my friend has a pretty negative view of my mother, which I'm ashamed of because my mom isn't the spawn of the devil. She can be unreasonable and has a manner of behavior which is sometimes offensive, but she's a better mom than most. She's not perfect, but who is? I say this because I realize that the only things I've said of my mother on this blog (that I can think of) are the bad. So I want to take this moment to say something kind about her.
My mom got married really young and grew up poor, so didn't have the opportunity to go to her prom, get her class ring or senior pics or anything. Because of this, she's determined that my and my brothers all get it. All day she was customizing my class ring (which is a pimpin' ruby red with a Jewish star engraved on the band). She's also buying my year book. She also is getting my cap and gown together already, and my graduation cards, and told me to find a photographer I want to take my senior pics with. I find it touching and I'm grateful. I mean, honestly I can't see myself missing my class ring in ten years, but who knows? If she's offering, I won't look a gift horse in the mouth.
She brings me coffee after I work out, some days. She let me go to Chicago by myself, when I was 16. She encouraged my love of motorcycles when everyone else thought it was suicide. She's not trying to discourage me from getting a snake for a pet. She's not perfect, no, but for the past week she's been agreeable, and when she's like this, I tread eggshells. I so enjoy it when she's agreeable. Makes my existence easier.

I've decided that, instead of humor pics, I'd give you cool places. Here are pictures of various amazing places 'round the globe.
Anteloupe Canyon

Bamboo forest, Japan

Canola flower field, China

Hang Son Doong, Vietnam

Lake Retba, Senegal

Mendenhall ice caves, Alaska.
What a pity I've lived in Alaska for more than a decade and never been there.

I found a video of twins who have Jamaican accents. They're super pretty and cute, if ditzy. I just love their accents.

I thought this would be an apt place to feature Loreena McKennitt. I think I featured her before, but I can't remember. She's a Canadian musician with a beautiful dramatic voice, like Lisa Gerrard. Her genre is primarily world and new age, but has a lot of Celtic and Middle Eastern flare. Some classify it as Celtic folk, and more critical people called it praise music, namely Wiccan. But they say the same thing of Enya. I really can't say. All I know for certain is that her music is enchanting.
Here's "The Mummer's Dance," which is by no stretch her only amazing song.


~Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget