Translation Needed?

Pages

Friday, October 31, 2014

Coquettish & Kodaline

The internet around my apartment's been shit, to use a euphemism. 
If shit can be described as nonexistent, then that's my internet. 

This outfit, cute though it was, has discouraged me from wearing any skirts ever again.
I was so cold. Well, I was actually hot since I wore my sweater all day as a result of being cold, but that's not the point. This is a summer dress, not built for a tundra climate. 
In light of this, I can imagine myself wearing a dress again very shortly after I recover.


I felt overly feminine and somewhat childish, so I was taken aback when this guy at the gas station gave me a dirty up-and-down, assess the goods look. Like, I even looked around the store and when I looked back, he was still grinning and looking at me. 
Perv.

So I read Pride & Prejudice recently. It was harder than I thought it'd be, but easier than I would have expected if I'd known what to expect. Does that make sense? Like, I didn't know it was written in the 1800s. If I had, I would have expected some rich, dense text with this complex diction and huge obligatory words that I'd need a dictionary on hand to get through it(cough cough Cloud Atlas). Speaking of big words, the first thought that comes to mind regarding this outfit is 'flirty.' My writer mind then flipped through my rolodex of similar but more sophisticated words and it came up with gregarious or coquettish. I learned those words when I was 14 in homeschool and I had to do a diary-style essay on the life of someone living in the 17th century or something, kind of like Ella Minnow Pea. 
So. This outfit is hereby proclaimed coquettish. 
Anyway, I digress. I read Pride & Prejudice, and my assertion regarding Mr. Darcy is that he was a cuntface douchebag. The way he proposed to Elizabeth? WTF did he expect her to say? Did he think she'd throw herself at him and say YES I'LL HAV YER BABIES?
Everybody in the whole book was so proper. Like when his aunt came to Elizabeth and basically said 'you're a peasant wench get thee behind me satan stay away from my nephew bitch'. It's hard to detect with how very delicately she phrases it. Everyone is very appropriate. Also, they never touched each other. No kissing. At all. None. They just caressed each other with their words. 
Needless to say, I am disappointed. 
Now I know a lot of girls swoon over Darcy, and he did seem very sweet toward the end of the book, so I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and watch the 2005 version.







Here's a video I found and loved several years ago, by Wongfu Productions.


I wanted to feature the song "All I Want," by Kodaline for around a year now. 
They're an Irish rock band (or as Wikipedia might put it, "Dublin-based"). Originally called 21 Demands, they changed the name to Kodaline in 2011. The longevity of this band doesn't seem promising, given that their label is as currently unsigned (to the best of my limited knowledge).
Enough drabble.
"All I Want."

Apparently there's a part 1 and 2 to this video. 
~Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget