Translation Needed?

Pages

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Contradictional Grunge & Vienna Teng

The first time I've worn this dress in a while. I actually intended to wear boots with it, but it didn't happen. Besides, these converse were wickedly comfy. 
It's another chambray top! I really, really like this one. It's far too big, of course, and reminds me of some oversized clothes I have in storage. ):

I got this rosary not long ago, because I'd been told my whole life that as a Jew, I shouldn't wear crosses. The philosophy is that you are no longer distinguished from Christian religions, that they're considered idols, and that if a person becomes confused and potentially led astray by your actions (intentional or not) and what you wear gives them the wrong impression, you are responsible for that. It may sound stupid, but it makes a lot of sense when explained by someone more intelligent than myself. However I disagree that I shouldn't wear crosses, because my thinking is that if someone gets the wrong impression from me or something, it's not my fault. I didn't tell them to think I was Catholic or jump to conclusions, and I'm not going to deny myself something so sacred on the off chance that someone retarded is led astray. 
There. I said it. 

I had more pictures, but I decided they definitely did not compliment this outfit. They made me look like I was wearing a colorful trashbag. 


This girl is my idol. 


I really hate those JustGirlyThings or whatever the hell they're called. They're remarkably superficial. So I revel in it when someone makes fun of them.



And since I've been making a habit of it, here's an animated video called "The Maker."


Creepily cool, huh?

Now normally I'd pick a grunge or 90s song or something, but having my iPod on shuffle at work has made me realize that I have a lot of music from junior high and I haven't even begun to feature it.
So here's a song by Cynthia Yih Shih, or "Vienna Teng," a Taiwanese music artist who I'm convinced is self-produced, because all her videos are promoted via youtube. Here's "Eric's Song," which I remember not remembering the lyrics to a long time ago, so I would just sing random shit when the tune was stuck in my head and ended up writing a great song out of it. But that was forever ago. Enjoy.


~Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget