Translation Needed?

Pages

Monday, June 30, 2014

Spiked Collar & Mindless Self Indulgence

Maybe I look like an idiot, but whenever I see this pose, I'm so proud. I look like a badass.
I would have much preferred it if these were high waist jeans. 

One of the good days, where my stomach wasn't so bloated I look like a malnourished African child.

I had been oscillating over this spiked choker for a long time. While I don't get self-conscious easily (which allows me to dress the way I do), I have my limits. I hadn't decided whether I wanted this choker or not, and indiscriminately had it in my ebay shopping cart. When I got paid, my mom thought she'd do me a favor and purchase the choker for me while I was in school. When I got the bill, I was a little perturbed. I mean, I'm not saying I hate it, but I definitely won't wear this thing that often. Even when I was at my peak of goth (junior high) I didn't wear spikes. 








Since I'm wearing spikes for the first time in ever, I think this is a fine time to choose some raunchy music. A friend from deviantart referred me to a 90s punk band called Mindless Self Indulgence several years ago. Their music style was exactly what I was into; techno, electronica, breakbeat hardcore, alternative and acid-pop. At the time I was struggling with religion and ethics, and their music sounded amazing. Problem was, their lyrics weren't exactly kosher. Keep in mind, I'm staunchly religious and at that time I was having a pretty tough life, so I was even more religious. So to most other people, the arbitrary use of 'bitch' and 'fuck' in a song probably doesn't faze you. It definitely upset me. Needless to say, I now know the lyrics (brief as they are) by heart. 
Here's "Never Wanted to Dance," an incredible exercise and dance song. 
If you don't like cussing, you've been warned.

~Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget