Translation Needed?

Pages

Monday, April 28, 2014

Polkadot Skirt & In the Mood

You've seen me wear this dress more times than any other. But this time, I don't like how the outfit turned out. Mostly because it's not complimentary to the figure at all, and I felt like the skirt came up too high... but that's also where the very middle of my waist is, so...
I've owned this dress for a long time now, and only last year did I realize this dress was meant to be worn around the waist. I had been wearing it around my hips for the longest time, when one day I realized the dress was size 10. It surprised me because I am far from a size 10, but upon some inspection I recognized I'd been wearing it too low. Ah, well. I think I like it better on my hips, anyway.

I used to be obsessed with all things steampunk for a while. This thew me back into the glory days.

This is just so pimp, I had to share.

That's exactly how I feel, especially after reading The Fault In Our Stars.

LOL
The terrible twos

Story of my freaking life. 

I've elected to give you two songs on this fine day.
I know it's not popular, but I've made a habit of liking the black sheep of music. Back in the day, this artist was one of the best in his genre (jazz, by the way). And when I say the day, I mean like the 20-30s. 
Oh yes. It's throwback Thursday even though it's not Thursday.
So here is the always amazing Glenn Miller's "In The Mood."

Several posts ago I went on a rant about how much I adore Studio Ghibli movies, namely Howl's Moving Castle. This song, written by Joe Hisashi as a piano score, was modified in the video below for  guitar by the amazing, play-by-earist Sungha Jeong. Both versions are amazing, but I only want to feature one. So here's the theme for Howl's Moving Castle. 
Isn't it beautiful? Oh me, it makes me want to live in another world. If I had to choose a world to live in, I don't think I would. I mean, Mortal Instruments or Harry Potter? Howl's Moving Castle or My Neighbor Totoro? I love so many worlds I think it would pain me to choose. I hope as I get older I never stop loving these little things, because it's the little things that have kept me alive. That keep us all alive. And after all, as Anais Nin said, we don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing. 

~Ash


No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget