Translation Needed?

Pages

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Referee Dress & Animal Alpha

I was at a friend's party that went from swimming to the mall to all over the place, and we stopped at Forevee 21 and I saw this dress on sale for twelve dollars. I didn't ask the parentals, didn't think twice (okay, maybe twice, but that's all) just threw down the cash and took home the gold. I've been hiding it ever since, not sure if my mother will approve, but it seems that if she has a low opinion of it, she's been keeping it to herself. 

I don't wear this dress very often, only when I haven't eaten like a hippo and my gut is hanging to the floor, since it's so close-fit. I chose to wear this dress especially because I love derailing anyone who's trying to classify my sense of style. The day before wearing this, I had an NJROTC annual military inspection (AMI, at which I got a 9 out of 10((whoop whoop!)) and so looked damn sharp in my uniform. But I don't want people to forget that this indie/hipster/retro chick is still a grunge/borderline goth/sometimes scene chick and not precisely an upstanding citizen. So I specifically designed this outfit and makeup to be contrary to my down-to-earth military uniform. 

 This one slightly-creepy dude who likes me was like "Your dress reminds me of a referee." I didn't think of it that way, but I guess so.

I feel like I should digress. I grew up as the ugly duckling, so as I got more into fashion, I found that I could wear short skirts and cropped shirts and who would even notice? I was (or at least felt) that invisible. But as I've gotten older, I'm getting more and more perverts who think that just because I can take a joke, am usually easy-going and hard to offend that they should comment on my ass or breasts and I won't want to punch their jaws into the back of their fat heads. I'm starting to realize I can no longer dress in any way I feel like, because people definitely notice. I guess I'm admitting this because I recognize that this is an iffy dress, one of those dresses you wear if you want some attention (and man oh man if this dress isn't a limelight). 
I've got to say, I don't think I'll ever get used to guys looking at/complimenting me. I'm just used to being a wallflower. It's weird to be seen.

 Fandoms listed: Star Wars, The Lord of the Rings, Sherlock, Doctor Who, Firefly, Battlestar Galactica, X-Files, The Princess Bride, Merlin, Supernatural, The Legend of Zelda, The Labyrinth, and Harry Potter. 
I won't deny it. I know that my knowing all these fandoms makes me a huge nerd. 


 OH MY GOD THAT'S THE COOLEST HAMMOCK EVER.
Oh look, there's Tom Felton. 

 I can't believe I still remember The Magic Schoolbus. 
 Chocolate is salad. Your argument is invalid. 


I have a hard time choosing music for goth outfits in the morning. It has to do with me being out of it with lethargy and being in a good mood, and I don't listen to rock music in a good mood. But I knew exactly what song would work for this. Animal Alpha, a Norweigan rock group with amazing vocals. Here's the first song I ever heard by them from the movie Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters (which BTW I loved), "Bundy."

catch you later
~Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget