Translation Needed?

Pages

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Painted Scarf & Itsumo Nando Demo

This scarf is the outfit's highlight because... ah, I dunno. Because I said so. Let's go with that.
I bought it for a few dollars at a thrift store, and the scarf has got to be worth 25x that. It literally looks like an old Japanese painting.









Now this is recycling. 

Here's a random, somewhat long video whose meaning is what makes it worth the watch.
Here's "Second Wind," referred to me by a good friend.

Now here comes my inner fangirl.
I absolutely love, love, LOVE studio Ghibli and its affiliates, Isao Takahaki, Hayao Miyazaki, all of the other writers no one ever heard of, all with rhyming surnames. I think I love them almost more than Pixar and Disney. The very first Miyazaki film I ever saw was Kiki's Delivery Service when I was five, My Neighbor Totoro when I was six. And when I was nine, Spirited Away. And at thirteen, Howl's Moving Castle. I cannot tell you why, but I fell head over heels for Howl's Moving Castle in ways you cannot comprehend. I even went and read the books by Diana Wynne Jones. I... love it so much. And I have none other than my brother Blake to blame for it, since when he was my age, he was way into anime/manga and started me on Rurouni Kenshin and Fruit's Basket and Fullmetal Alchemist and Ranma 1/2 and so many other mangas. 
I want to post the theme song for Howl's Moving Castle... but that'll have to be for another time. For now, here's the end theme of Spirited Away, "Itsumo Nando Demo."


It's so beautiful. I just adore her voice and its operatic lull.
PS. If you want to watch Grave of the Fireflies, have a kleenex handy. It's about as bad as The Fault In Our Stars by John Green.

~Ash


1 comment:

  1. lovely look :)

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget