Translation Needed?

Pages

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Plaid 'jamies & Closing Time




This 'lazy day' outfit worn on a Monday was orchestrated carefully. I wore this outfit to sleep so in the morning all I'd have to do was roll out of bed and brush my teeth. 
Well, I did more than that, but it's not important. 
I put my hair up later in the day. I often fantasize about chopping it all off, since I get annoyed with it so often. But I'd start crying the minute I saw a lock of hair on the floor, and let's be honest, I'd look like a man if I didn't have hair. 

Yeahno. 


While I'm digressing, here's this piece of art I found on the internet and don't know a damn thing about, but isn't it amazing? I wonder how it works. Oh, well.

Anyway, I was doin' mah thang in the ladies' lavatory, and the radio was playing this old debut from Semisonic, a hit song that I remember from when I was a little girl, like Jimmy Eat World's "The Middle" or Bowling For Soup's "1985." This song was written in 1998 and to be succinct, it rocketed to popularity. The guy who wrote it, Jacob Slichter, says he wrote it in regards  to his anticipation of being a soon-to-be father. He claims to have disguised its meaning because he didn't want the band to get tired of singing a song about his kids. I'll be honest, the lyrics don't make me think of a pregnant wifie or an anxious would-be father. But hey, whatever floats your boat, Slichter. I don't know why I know the lyrics so well and I'd forgotten it existed, but that's probably because I heard it when I was so little. So here's "Closing Time," by Semisonic.



bye for now
~Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget