Translation Needed?

Pages

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Da Romper & Haim

I know the 'da' could easily be replaced with 'the,' but 'da' seemed to give it more personality, so it stays.

This American Eagle romper is great because its legs are cut in a circle-skirt (a line) fashion so it falls in a way that hides the crease between the legs and makes it look like a skirt instead, minus the stigma of a short skirt. But I discovered something with this romper, like with many full-body brand-name garments such as this one. Because I have a "pair shaped" body type, my torso is smaller in proportion to my hips as opposed to most women. It's not hugely noticeable, but with some dresses (as well as this romper) my shoulders and bust aren't broad enough to fill the romper's and they tend to sag in the back.




I guess it doesn't matter so much, but it can be annoying. Makes me look like a derp. But I don't wake in the morn to please the world, so....
I love these leggings. Since I bought them from Korean ebay a few years ago, I've loved them. Only problem was that after I got them in the mail, I realized I had no idea what to wear them with. This would be the second time I've worn them, if I count generously. 

The music today was created by a band called Haim (rhymes with "lime"). Their music sounds distinctly 70's or late 80's, but this band of girls is just a 70's inspired late 90's band. The band consists of three sisters who grew up listening to 70's classics, but that's to be expected. 

They had a family band with their parents called "Rockinhaim" (instert.gag.here) while they were still in school, which is really sweet but sounds really lame unless you have amazing parents. Later they started their own band. 
I always wanted a sister. I've got all brothers. Too many brothers. 

Their inspirations include Pat Benatar, Blondie, Gwen Stefani, The Pretenders, and Queen. Means they got beast taste in music. Their music has been in several movies, like The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants and The Valli Girls, but I've never seen either of those so that doesn't mean anything to me. 
But I first heard this song and had a quasi-love regard for it until I listened to it a few more times and decided I loved it. Here's "Forever" by Haim.


later
~Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget