Translation Needed?

Pages

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Tiered Top & Birdy


This is what we call layering. It's when you take multiple shirts of different styles and wear them one over the other. I wore a DIY'd off the shoulder crop top and a fishnet overshirt.











It occurs to me I haven't introduced you to my first pair of real heels I ever bought (real heels being heels higher than three inches. Big girl heels.)
These? These are not heels.


THESE are heels.



As for the music, I have chosen... *drumroll*
Birdy!



Jasmine Van den Bogaerde (or "Birdy") is a young English musician who started her career at twelve (2008), when she won the Open Mic UK comp. She's young, doesn't use a synthesizer, and is talented.
I love the gentle poetics of her covers. She's done covers of Ed Sheeran's "A Team," Bon Iver's "Skinny Love," and Cherry Ghost's "People, Help the People." All of these covers are beautiful.
The first one I ever heard by her was "PHP," so that is the one I will present.


It makes me think of rain. Did you know that the scent of rain awakening the earth is called 'petrichor'?
Damn scientists name everything.
~Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget