Translation Needed?

Pages

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Indie Dress, Morning Song, & Dirty Paws





This full-length floral dress is my mother's. It makes even me (the girl with a chest as flat as a ten year old boy) look like I have breasts, and the padded shoulders and flared skirt can give anyone an hourglass-esque figure. 

I thought the earthy cardigan would be fitting.


I understand the band Of Monsters and Men is distinctly mainstream, but they're indie folk, so how can I help it?
Recently I saw the trailer for The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, starring Ben Stiller. I just loved it so much, and using Of Monsters and Men and Jose Gonzalez for the music was perfect. I also think it struck me at a sensitive spot--I guess secretly I'm afraid of being an old woman who didn't ever do anything with her life. We're all just matter that will someday scatter, but  we're more beautiful now than we've ever been and we'll never be here again. Even if we're all just 'matter,' I don't want to be matter that doesn't matter. You know?
Anyway, here's the extended cut of the trailer (which by the way towers over the other trailers in its superiority).


Now that you've seen that, here's the full version of "Dirty Paws," the acoustic song that came up after "Bohemian Rhapsody." 


I decided at the last minute to post a song by Jewel, called "The Morning Song," since this dress makes me think of it. 


I hope this makes you thoughtful. It's good to be thoughtful.
~Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget