Translation Needed?

Pages

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Goth & The Immigrant


This outfit is, once again, not new by a long shot. The first time I wore this was soooo long ago.






Because I have unnaturally small breasticles (boobs), I can't wear strapless bras without them falling off under my shirt. But having bra straps show through this shirt would have detracted from its badassery, so I taped the hem of my bra to my chest. I used hypoallergenic double sided adhesive tape from here
http://www.wellmedlab.com/china-hypoallerge_double_sided_adhesive_transparent_pe_surgical_plaster_medical_surgical_tape-528483.html



This bracelet is real leather, very tough, and is handmade from a leatherworker on ebay.
The talon bracelet, however, is not handmade. Its a one size fits all, though, so you'd better have a small hand if you plan to wear it. I'm lucky it even fits me. It's surprisingly cheap, though, if that makes you feel better.

I don't think there's much to say about my outfit today. Well, less for you to read, then.

Shirt: B'leeve
Skirt: YiGong
Fishnets: Fred Meyer. Honestly, you can buy these everywhere.
Combat boots: Madden Girl, 9
Talon bracelet: ebay for best price

Today's music I hold close to the subcockles of my heart.
The story behind my relationship to the song is that over a year ago, I read and watched The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo for the very first time.



The books, by Swedish Steig Larsson, are rich with Swedish politics and conspiracies and economic assessments, but if you can appreciate the amount of detail and research and historical accuracy in the manuscript, wading through the ridiculous capitalism and democratic vs. republic nonsense is a piece of cake.
I have never related to any character in a book so much as Lisbeth Salandar. I think she's the main inspiration for my love of motorcycles.


I became quite obsessed with the story for some time.

Here's a trailer of the Swedish movie.


It can be found English dubbed, if you're interested.
Again, groooown up movie. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Personally, I like the Swedish movie best, which is why I gave you the Swedish trailer. There's nothing wrong with the American version, but I gotta say, Noomi Rapace portrayed Salandar perfectly in the Swedish one. But I think Daniel Craig who played as Blomkvist in the American movie was much better than Mikael Nyqvist, who played as Blomkvist in the Swedish one. The Swedish one made Blomkvist seem like a dunce. An ugly dunce.













Daniel Craig.











Mikael Nyqvist.

The actors make a difference, you know.


And now for the song itself.
In the American intro of GwtDT, there was a wicked amazing sequence covering Led Zeppelin's "Immigrant Song." I adored it from the start.
Here's the sequence and song both, covered by Karen O, lead singer of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs.


Gotta go now
~Ash


No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget